Meet Our Volunteers
- Book Give-Aways - In the last two weeks, Read-Aloud has given 600+ new and gently used books to Lake and Downer Elementary schools for book giveaway events! Thank you for the donations that made this possible, especially to Half Price Books, Berkeley and … Continue reading
- Possible Summer Programming, Newsletter up - Summer programming with Richmond’s Camp Achieve! dates: 6/18 – 8/10 time: 10:30 – noon location(s): Booker T Anderson/Shields-Reid/Parchester Village/Nevin Possibility of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday. Also, the latest newsletter is out, Read-Aloud Wrap-Up
- Teachers love Read-Aloud - From a recent teacher evaluation: “The Read Aloud Program is the best thing to have happened to our school. Students who came in with low interest in books, low comprehension scores, or with attention seeking behavior are now avid, confident … Continue reading
- 2016-17 Annual Review - We have posted our 2016-17 Annual Review (see here)! Data is still being collected for this program year; we hope to have the review up by September.
- Celebrations! - Thank you to all the volunteers and donors who made this year possible! We are holding small school site celebrations, you are welcome to attend any (though please RSVP to the coordinator or the office so we may get a … Continue reading
- Last Orientation of the Year - Held Feb 28, 2-4 pm. 13831 San Pablo Ave., Bldg 5 Use phone in Bldg 5 lobby to gain access.