Meet Our Volunteers
- Teachers love Read-Aloud - From a recent teacher evaluation: “The Read Aloud Program is the best thing to have happened to our school. Students who came in with low interest in books, low comprehension scores, or with attention seeking behavior are now avid, confident … Continue reading
- It takes a village - Read-Aloud really exemplifies the old proverb “It takes a village to raise a child.” It engages the entire community: child, volunteer reader, teacher, coordinator, parent and author. -Volunteer Reader
- SMART Program Receives Library of Congress Literary Award - SMART (Start Making A Reader Today), the Oregon statewide early literacy nonprofit organization, was named the recipient of the 2014 Library of Congress Literacy Award. The Read-Aloud Volunteer Program is modeled after SMART. The Library of Congress honors organizations that have made … Continue reading
- Last Orientation of the Year - Held Feb 28, 2-4 pm. 13831 San Pablo Ave., Bldg 5 Use phone in Bldg 5 lobby to gain access.
- Next Orientation - The next New Reader Orientation will be held on Monday, January 22nd from 1:30 – 3 pm, in the Read-Aloud office. This is up a flight of stairs; if you would like to come, but cannot make it up a … Continue reading
- Dover Coordinator - Dover has a new permanent Coordinator, Gabriella Bracamontes! Welcome to the team, Gabby. Her email address is email@example.com (all coordinators can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org).