Meet Our Volunteers
- Teachers love Read-Aloud - From a recent teacher evaluation: “The Read Aloud Program is the best thing to have happened to our school. Students who came in with low interest in books, low comprehension scores, or with attention seeking behavior are now avid, confident … Continue reading
- It takes a village - Read-Aloud really exemplifies the old proverb “It takes a village to raise a child.” It engages the entire community: child, volunteer reader, teacher, coordinator, parent and author. -Volunteer Reader
- SMART Program Receives Library of Congress Literary Award - SMART (Start Making A Reader Today), the Oregon statewide early literacy nonprofit organization, was named the recipient of the 2014 Library of Congress Literacy Award. The Read-Aloud Volunteer Program is modeled after SMART. The Library of Congress honors organizations that have made … Continue reading
- Thank You! - Thanks to all the 2016-17 Readers! The Read-Aloud School year came to a close at the end of April. We hope you were able to attend a Volunteer Appreciation party.
- Last Orientation of 2016-17 School Year - The last Orientation of the school year will be on: Feb. 16, 10:30-noon in the Read-Aloud Office (13831 San Pablo Ave., Bldg. 5, San Pablo CA 94806)
- Winter Break (12/19-1/2) - Read-Aloud is on Winter Break from December 19 – January 2 2017; the last day of Read-Aloud in 2016 is Friday, December 16 and the first day of Read-Aloud in the new year is Tuesday, January 3.