- 2016-17 Annual Review
We have posted our 2016-17 Annual Review (see here)! Data is still being collected for this program year; we hope to have the review up by September.
- Possible Summer Programming, Newsletter up
Summer programming with Richmond’s Camp Achieve!
dates: 6/18 – 8/10
time: 10:30 – noon
location(s): Booker T Anderson/Shields-Reid/Parchester Village/Nevin
Possibility of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.
Also, the latest newsletter is out, Read-Aloud Wrap-Up
Thank you to all the volunteers and donors who made this year possible! We are holding small school site celebrations, you are welcome to attend any (though please RSVP to the coordinator or the office so we may get a head count).
- Coronado (2100 Maine Ave, Richmond) Tuesday 4/24, 12:15-1:15 (2nd floor, Read-Aloud room)
- Dover (1870 19th Street, San Pablo): Tuesday 4/24 and Wednesday 4/25, 11:15-12:15 (in the library)
- Downer (1231 18th Street, San Pablo): Wednesday 5/2 from 9:30-11:30 (2nd floor, Read-Aloud room)
- Montalvin (300 Christine Drive, San Pablo): Friday 4/27, 11:10-12:10 (library)
- Washington (565 Wine Street): Wednesday 4/25 and Monday 4/30, 11:30-12:30 (library)
- Last Orientation of the Year
Held Feb 28, 2-4 pm.
13831 San Pablo Ave., Bldg 5
Use phone in Bldg 5 lobby to gain access.
- Next Orientation
The next New Reader Orientation will be held on Monday, January 22nd from 1:30 – 3 pm, in the Read-Aloud office. This is up a flight of stairs; if you would like to come, but cannot make it up a flight of stairs, we will change the location to a first floor room.
- Dover Coordinator
Dover has a new permanent Coordinator, Gabriella Bracamontes! Welcome to the team, Gabby. Her email address is email@example.com (all coordinators can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Multi-Cultural Children’s Bookstore (The Shops at Hilltop)
Ashays Children’s Book Collection, West County READS and Tamara Shiloh have teamed up to open a pop-up Multi-Cultural Children’s Book Store! It will be open from Nov. 15 – Dec. 31, and is located near Macy’s in Richmond. This is a fundraiser that benefits West County READS, a group we partner with often.
- UUCB Good Neighbor, September 2017
Read-Aloud has received the Good Neighbor donation for the month of September from the Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley. Thank you for choosing us, Social Justice Committee, and thank you to the donations from the UUCB congregation and guests!
- Teachers love Read-Aloud
From a recent teacher evaluation:
“The Read Aloud Program is the best thing to have happened to our school. Students who came in with low interest in books, low comprehension scores, or with attention seeking behavior are now avid, confident readers who always come back with a smile on their face. They love to read and have huge smiles when it’s book day! I could not imagine a school without this special program and amazing volunteers!”
- Thank You!
Thanks to all the 2016-17 Readers! The Read-Aloud School year came to a close at the end of April. We hope you were able to attend a Volunteer Appreciation party.