Orientations are scheduled for either :
Thursday, Sept. 6 2:30-4:30 pm or Tuesday, Sept. 25 10:30 am -12:30 pm at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley, 1 Lawson Rd., Kensington 94707
There will be monthly make-up orientations thereafter at the Read-Aloud office. The first one is on Wednesday, Oct. 3, 10-noon.
Summer programming with Richmond’s Camp Achieve!
dates: 6/18 – 8/10
time: 10:30 – noon
location(s): Booker T Anderson/Shields-Reid/Parchester Village/Nevin
Possibility of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.
Also, the latest newsletter is out, Read-Aloud Wrap-Up
Thank you to all the volunteers and donors who made this year possible! We are holding small school site celebrations, you are welcome to attend any (though please RSVP to the coordinator or the office so we may get a head count).
- Coronado (2100 Maine Ave, Richmond) Tuesday 4/24, 12:15-1:15 (2nd floor, Read-Aloud room)
- Dover (1870 19th Street, San Pablo): Tuesday 4/24 and Wednesday 4/25, 11:15-12:15 (in the library)
- Downer (1231 18th Street, San Pablo): Wednesday 5/2 from 9:30-11:30 (2nd floor, Read-Aloud room)
- Montalvin (300 Christine Drive, San Pablo): Friday 4/27, 11:10-12:10 (library)
- Washington (565 Wine Street): Wednesday 4/25 and Monday 4/30, 11:30-12:30 (library)
Held Feb 28, 2-4 pm.
13831 San Pablo Ave., Bldg 5
Use phone in Bldg 5 lobby to gain access.
The next New Reader Orientation will be held on Monday, January 22nd from 1:30 – 3 pm, in the Read-Aloud office. This is up a flight of stairs; if you would like to come, but cannot make it up a flight of stairs, we will change the location to a first floor room.
Ashays Children’s Book Collection, West County READS and Tamara Shiloh have teamed up to open a pop-up Multi-Cultural Children’s Book Store! It will be open from Nov. 15 – Dec. 31, and is located near Macy’s in Richmond. This is a fundraiser that benefits West County READS, a group we partner with often.
School, and therefore Read-Aloud, is on vacation Feb 20-24. Have a good break!
The last Orientation of the school year will be on:
Feb. 16, 10:30-noon
in the Read-Aloud Office
(13831 San Pablo Ave., Bldg. 5, San Pablo CA 94806)
Read-Aloud is on Winter Break from December 19 – January 2 2017; the last day of Read-Aloud in 2016 is Friday, December 16 and the first day of Read-Aloud in the new year is Tuesday, January 3.
Thursday Dec 15th, 10 – 11:30 am
Read-Aloud office, 2nd floor conference room (13831 San Pablo Ave, Bldg 5)
* Park in the main parking lot and walk past the courtyard, almost to Church Ln, to building 5, call using the lobby phone to gain entrance.